Love for Lembongan
Love for Lembongan
Continuing the support for the Lembongan community
In 2020, The Lembongan Traveller introduced the “Love for Lembongan” initiative to support the Lembongan community, which had been severely impacted by COVID 19. As the only property management company based on the island and a long time Lembongan supporter, we strongly believed in focusing on education and health, with the aim to help improve the quality of life of the community.
Our efforts encompassed:
- Conducting food relief throughout Nusa Lembongan and Ceningan, supplying over 5,000 packages of essential food items (sembako) to families.
- Supporting more than 600 primary school children in Nusa Lembongan and Ceningan through numeracy and literacy programs, in collaboration with the Bali Children Foundation program.
- We teamed up with “island angel” Bunda to provide home visits, medication and care packages to the elderly and disadvantaged.
- Implementing the Priority Patient program, where we facilitated therapy access for 17 patients from Nusa Lembongan who needed treatment in Denpasar.
With thanks to your support, we successfully raised almost AU$ 150,000 and express our deep gratitude for your generosity, which significantly contributed to the community’s resilience during these challenging times.
Whilst the pandemic has ended, we want to continue supporting the Lembongan community and ensure the students receive the education they deserve as well as access to health treatments. Click here to donate and share your love.
The goals of future fundraising are:
- Introduction of EdTech solutions to facilitate Remedial Literacy and Numeracy education for grade 2 to 6 students in Nusa Lembongan and Ceningan, utilizing tablets and specialized apps. We are seeking funds to support at least 65 students who require improvement in their numeracy and literacy skills through tablets and welfare of the teachers.
- Continued support for the Priority Patients program, assisting individuals seeking treatment for early epilepsy, behavioural and mobility issues, plus speech therapy.
- Ensure funding is met to sustain the presence of BCF teachers at 7 schools, who provide English as Foreign Language (EFL), STEAM-H (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math, Humanity), EdTech for grade 1 students, and Youth Empowerment by educating and training junior & senior high school students with environmental issues to help keep Lembongan and Ceningan clean.
- Continue working with Bunda to provide health support to the elderly and disadvantaged
Your donation will support our mission to improve the quality of life for Lembongan locals, one student and one patient at a time. We look forward to spreading the love, with regular updates on our initiatives. Donate here and support the community.
The Lembongan Traveller team